Russian League of Cynologists (RLC)
Sports cynological movement was born in 1991 in Russia. In those time dogsport specialists united for holding of real sports events with dogs.
In 1991 the first Moscow championship among working dogs (classical biathlon) was held.
In 1995 the first national championship of Russia was held. There were included competitions of working dogs (classical biathlon) and agility into the program of championship. From those time national championships on different kinds of cynological sports are holding every year in Russia.
In 1996 the President of Russian Federation Boris Eltsin has supported initiatives of Russian League of Cynologists (RLC) by his Decree.
In 1997 the State Sports Committee of Russian Federation has officially recognized kinds of sport united by RLC and has included them into the State Programs of Physical Education of population of Russia and into the Russian Common Sports Classification. These decisions was made by the State Sports Committee of Russian Federation after official petition of the Russian Olympic Committee. Russian Common Sports Classification is the official state document for all kinds of sport. This document establishes criterions of granting of official state titles to sportsmen for their results on competitions. Now state title “Master of Sport of International Class” can be conferred to sportsmen in cynological sports.
In 2000 RLC has received official support of the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC), which has registered RLC as sports union on non-Olympic kind of sport. In the same year RLC was granted by membership of the Committee of National and Non-Olympic Kinds of Sport of Russia(CNNKS).
- Vladimir Vladimirov – RLC President;
- Valery Gavrilin – RLC Vice-President;Elena Dmitrochenko – RLC Vice-President;
- Sergey Lysenko – RLC Vice-President;
- Dmitriy Sharer – RLC Vice-President;
- Alexandr Vorontsov – RLC Council member;
- Irina Golubeva – RLC Council member;
- Inna Grishina – RLC Council member;
- Olga Korovaikova – RLC Council member;
- Anton Kudrin – RLC Council member;
- Margarita Orlinskaya – RLC Council member;
- Elena Chukhina – RLC Secretary General.
Disciplines of cynological sports:
- agility ;
- classical and modern biathlons (competitions of working dogs – obedience and guard dog service);
- summer combined competitions (sprint 100m, track with obstacles 300m, shooting of the air rifle, catching of “criminal”);
- winter combined competitions (skijoring for 800-5000m with the shooting of the air rifle);
- dog races (400-3000m - skies, sleds);
Largest traditional events in Russia:
- Championship of Russia on winter kinds of cynological sports (winter combined, races) – February 22-24, Moscow;
- Agility Cup of Russia – February 22-24, Moscow;
- Moscow Open Agility Championship – May, 9-10;
- Moscow Open Championship on summer kinds of cynological sports (summer combined, classical and modern biathlons) – May 31-June 1;
- Cup of Russia on summer combined – August 22-24, Seversk (Tomsk region);
- Championship of Russia on Agility "Golden Ring 2003" - September 13-14, Moscow;
- Championship of Russia on summer kinds of cynological sports (summer combined, classical and modern biathlons) – September 20-21, Moscow;
- Cup of Russia on winter kinds of cynological sports (winter combined, races) – December, Seversk (Tomsk region).
Full calendar of cynological sport events in Russia 2003 (click here to download file to your computer) - "MsWord" file (102kb)
In accordance with the President’s Decree (was signed by the President of Russian Federation, Boris Eltsin on the 15th of April 1996 #191-rp), the coordination of works for an assistance to activity of the Russian League of Cynologists in a sphere of forming of the national system of cynological activity in Russian Federation is charged on the Administration of the President of Russian Federation.
|Ministry for Sport|
Cynological sports is recognized as the kind of sport by the Ministry for Sport of Russian Federation.
Russian League of Cynologists develops cynological sports with the official support of the Ministry for Sport of Russian Federation.
Russian League of Cynologists is registered by the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) as a sports union, which has plenary powers to develop cynological sports on the federal level in Russia and to represent these kinds of sport in a corresponding international sports federation.
|CNNKS of Russia|
Russian League of Cynologists is the full member of the Russian Committee of National and Non-Olympic Kinds of Sport (CNNKS of Russia).
CNNKS of Russia was established in 1999 and according to contract with Russian Olympic Committee unites kinds of sport, which is not included into Olympics. »
Russian League of Cynologists cooperates with the Russian Zooveterinary Association. The association unites largest pet-food companies, shops and veterinary clinics in Russia. The President of the association – academician Alexander Terenin.
You can also find information about development of agility in Russia on independent web-site "Agility in Russia"
Agility in Russia
|Agility in Perm'|
Website about development of agility in Perm' and Russian national kinds of sport with dogs.
Agility in Perm'
|Russian team - WAC 2008|
Photos of participation of the Russian national team in the IFCS World Agility Championships 2008 are published here.»
Performance of Russian NAtional Team on the 2nd IFCS World Agility Championships in Spain»
X Championships of Russia in agility are held on the 9th-10th of October 2004 in Brothers Znamensky Olympic Palace in Moscow (Stromynka str. 4)»